Breeding Bettas

This blog is about breeding one of the finest fish in the world called Betta splendens. I will blog all my ups and downs in here so stay tuned! :-)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The 12 days old fry :-)

Sorry for not updating this blog acordingly but had some unfinished job to bring to end so ... well.

The fry are 12 days old now! HM's fry are just a few and one of them is much bigger than the rest so I presume that one is the survivior from the first bach since I did not empty the whole tank when I removed the sand. I can count maybe 8 fry in that tank.

The HM and CT fry are doing much better. I can count approx 20 fry but these are much smalller and grow slower.

I have removed both fathers.

At the moment I feed the fry with newly hatched BBS (baby brine shrimp) and scalles Artemia Eggs. The fry seems to be feeding on it.

Both tanks have a small air stone bubbling and keeping the surface clean from protein films enabling the fry to come to the surface and take air.

Will try and post some photos I took last week.

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2010 at 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures! How are they doing now?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home